Sunday, July 15, 2012

Malaysia $5 Polymer Serial Numbers 10000000


***During my recent trip down to the Little Red Dot known as Singapore, I was extremely excited when a very small-time Singapore banknotes dealer showed me this Malaysian RM5 Polymer note that comes with the Serial Numbers of 10000000, as I never knew this note existed, even though a few Smarts Alecs have told me so.
But I was also rather disappointed because the banknote was only in VF or Good VF condition and most Pakar Numis Malaysia have always stressed that UNC is the main criterion in banknotes collecting.
As it was not a UNC note, the Singapore dealer was kind enough to sell me at a price that you would probably laugh at.
And because I was still disappointed that the note was very far from UNC, I have subsequently sold it to local Pakar Numis, who in turn promised that he would not sell it off, whether for a profit or for a loss.
I, in turn, am now busy looking for a UNC piece. Don't hesitate to PM me if there is a piece for sale.

No comments: