Thursday, June 30, 2011

Malaysia 2011 $100 ZE Replacement Banknote Series



***I thought the recently released RM100 ZD Replacement would be the last of the Mohicans for the RM100 Replacement series as after all, all the so-called local "Pakar Numismatik Malaysia" that I have met told me that the current Malaysian banknotes' series would be soon replaced with a new series bearing fresh new design.

In fact, these new banknotes with new design has been the talk of the town for quite sometime now & would be so until these new notes see the light of the day.

As such, I was rather surprised to discover the existence of the ZE Prefix for the RM100 banknote as I watched it sneakily sliding out of the ATM machine of a well-known local bank in the Chow Kit Road area.

With the current banknotes series soon coming to an end, would this ZE Replacement be a new star in Replacement banknotes collecting in months to come as after all, it would be a very short-lived issue too?

Would this banknote surprise everyone via a strong spike in its price in time to come or rather in months to come, honestly, I would not know, as I do not really know how to read the crystal ball, just like I do not know how to read nor write in French and/or German either, you know.

Wouldn't it be great if there is a ZF Replacement for the current RM100 series?

Why stop there? Why not have a ZAC, ZG & ZD Replacement for the RM1, RM10 & RM50 series respectively?!

No comments: