Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Malaysia 1986 $100 ZX0090433 Thomas De La Rue









***This $100 banknote issued about 25 years ago signed by, then, Central Bank Governor, Jaffar Hussein, bearing the Serial NOs ZX 0090433 and printed by Thomas De La Rue is a note that I still do not have in my miserable collection.
The banknote featured here is on loan from local numismatic leader, Datuk Raymond Chang.

Datuk Raymond wants to sell this banknote for RM400, which I feel is just too high for this $100 banknote signed by Jaffar Hussein, because my maximum budget for this said note is just RM200. Furthermore, Datuk Raymond claims this banknote is in EF condition, but it looks more like Fine+ to me. Whatever grade it is, RM400 is still just too much for me.

I don't print banknotes at the backyard of my 4-storey bungalow okay, so RM200 is all I could afford.

If anyone of you out there have this same banknote, meaning the same prefix and printed by the same printer, I am willing to buy it in whatever shape & condition at RM200 each, no questions asked.

And I am willing to buy more than a copy. Please don't hesitate to contact me. Our transaction will be kept in the strictest confidence possible.

In the meantime, you can try contacting Datuk Raymond and see if the featured banknote is still for sale at RM400 or has already been sold. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole even at RM250.

No comments: